Monday, November 24, 2008

Slow haircuts in the field


I've been cutting my own hair for years. The last time I got it cut by anyone was when I was pregnant with my now 11 year old. Worst haircut ever. 8 months pregnant, $60.00 poorer, I cried the whole walk home.

Just last week I let my now 11 year old cut my hair. She did a pretty nice job. And felt totally comfortable with the act too. It's a little more shaggish than I usually do but I can work with that. I just love that she will feel comfortable with the act of cutting hair and will know that if you've got scissors, you can cut your hair. No big deal

I had my scissors on our camp out a few weeks ago. I cut my friend's hair - I've been cutting his hair for years. He calls it his "Berna-do". While I cut his hair in the sunshine, we came up with the idea for a new business, Nature Cuts. Park your barber chair in a beautiful setting - in this case in a field overlooking the river just this side of a granite cliff. Total goodness.

I think this qualifies as slow living. Without a doubt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And your haircuts are great!
I'm definitely getting my haircut by you again next summer.

xo.